I can't believe that it has been six years since mom died. Wow. I went up to the cemetery and cleaned the snow off of her headstone. Call me strange but I find a lot of peace up there. It is such a pretty, quiet place. I was surprised to see a couple of bunnies hopping around. I am so grateful for all that she taught me. I am grateful for the example she set for me. I am grateful for the gospel and knowing that someday I will see her again. I was thinking the other day that I loved going shopping with her at Albertson's after work. We would pick up a loaf of warm french bread and by time we got done shopping....the bread was half gone! We used to love it when dad went out of town because she would cook all the food that he couldn't eat, like spaghetti and dumplings and all that starchy stuff! Ha Ha...good times.
I love you MOM!!
1 comment:
Awww very nice post. That's funny she would make all the stuff Grandpa didn't eat.
Post a Comment