Saturday, January 19, 2013

Goodbye 2012

Wow! Goodbye 2012 and I am glad that you are gone!
Umm, let's review it before I say Goodbye.
  • January 14, 2012. My precious father passed away rather suddenly but with me at his side. Thanks heavens for tender mercies. That event brought much sadness yet happiness. Systematically watched his and my mother's earthly possessions find new locations.  My family fell apart. Words were said that can never can be taken back. Actions were done that should never have happened. My sisters ....well, that's another story.
  • My oldest daughter got engaged. That was a good thing, but a new chapter in my life. Helped her plan a wedding which for the most part went okay. Just don't let mom pick the photographer next time.  Spent a fair amount of money which I have never really totaled and probably never will. The weather was a story in itself.
  • Survived the hardest semester ever! They weren't going to let me take my statistics/research class but after many tears and prayers, I was allowed to continue. It ended up being a challenge because I started 2 weeks late. My final religion class nearly killed me, as well as my capstone class. But, I passed them all with flying colors.
  • Married off Lynsie in the middle of all that stress! It was a rainy day but I believe they were tears from heaven.  I was at home getting the last few things that she needed together and missed the pictures.  Not sure how that happened but I showed up in time to have one together with the family.  Live and learn. I will be prepared for Annalee! (she will probably elope!)
  • Was able to be in the temple with my husband. Umm....but now it is back to a lot of faith and prayers. 
  • Forfeited another summer for school. 
  • The fall brought my last semester and I could see a light at the end of the tunnel!  Yeah! Leadership was a challenging class but very interesting. I loved spending time with LaShelle. Such a good friend. 
  • Passed my  CEN.
  • Applied for and was offered the Clinical Educator position in the ER. Wow! If ever I felt that my sacrifices for school paid off....it was when I accepted the position. It has been a challenge learning the ropes but I am happy.  
  • President Barrack Obama was reelected as president. Words cannot express how that made me feel.
  • No plans for Thanksgiving or Christmas with family was incredibly sad. I worked all through the holidays and so did my daughters. It was just plum weird. But I did get to spend time with them at the cabin over the New Year.  Next year....I am going to Hawaii.
  • Graduated with my BSN! My title is officially Teresa Brunt RN, BSN, CEN!! Yeah! Had a great time with Bill and the boys that weekend.
  • My manager announced at our leadership meeting that she was leaving to go to Dixie.(Another one bites the red dust....why do I feel like everyone I care about ends up in the Red Rock?)  Dr. Hasleton is also moving on and Dr. Adam Balls is his replacement. Ha Ha....that is also another story.
  •  Change, change, change.  You simply gotta love it.  It is the one thing that you can always count on, right?
Goodbye 2012. 

No comments: