Friday, February 25, 2011


Fetchin Dog

Bruiser the Wonder Dog

I am so done with burying pets. Next time I even mention the slightest possibility of wanting another dog....please HIT ME! I had to explain to William that part of having a pet is loving them and then the sadness of losing them. No one cared for this dog more than William did. He never whined about feeding him and always liked him by him at night. (Although he usually ended up on MY bed!) So the final cause of death....a peach pit. Dr. Chamberlain is my hero. He was so kind to me. He said that it looked like a peach pit or some other sort of large pit. It has passed through his stomach and down into his small intestine. But there it stopped. He said that it would not have shown up on x-ray and his labs were completely normal. He didn't feel a mass initially, until today when the poor dog was barely nine pounds. The poor little dude was skin and bones. The doctor said that if they had taken him to surgery two weeks ago, he might have survived, but by time he was diagnosed, it was too late. The bowel was compromised and necrotic. So, hind sight is 20/20. I could have been more aggressive, but spending over $1,000.00....just didn't make sense. So, I am happy that he has both eyes and as Lynsie pointed out...His Nuts! God Speed my little dog. I really didn't hate you.....

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Aww :( You didn't really hate him? That's good. So sad :( I'm sorry. Give William a hug for me!