Monday, September 5, 2011

So I think that Diesel is a cat. He was spared certain death from the pound because I rescued him, then he cheats death once again by getting run over by the UPS truck. I am dumb founded but grateful that he isn't dead. I am still worried that he isn't completely out of the woods and he is most certainly broken, but his cheerful attitude stays strong as he heals. It is crazy. I have watched him closely over the weekend and he seems to be doing okay. Thank you to the dog angels that have kept him alive thus far......

and now for my peaches!! Thank you to a much higher being that created peaches. Peaches were most certainly from the same family of the forbidden fruit that Adam and Eve ate. I am sure of it. My little dwarf tree out did itself given the cold and wet spring and late summer. I am blessed. Then thanks to Uncle Steve who inspired me and taught me how to can them. I remember canning season being one of "run away" or pretend you have diarrhea and can't help. But I canned all by myself today with the instructions that Steve left for me. He also left me two very important tools to be successful. A strainer and a bottle picker upper thingy. It was lovely! So, I will be eating peaches in the middle of winter...if I ration them!!





Yumm!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yuuuuuuum!! You should can peaches next year too and invite me and teach me! I need to get a peach tree ASAP!

Lynsie Overman said...

Yum! Can I have a bottle? Ha and a nice camera to take cool pictures? ;) thank you (