Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Dad

Thanks for letting me be there by your side,

As you left this frail existence with dignity and pride.

Such a peaceful happy time with a smile on your face,

Suddenly things changed quietly and you left this earthly place.

I was shocked and deeply saddened the tears began to flow,

Dad! What are you doing? It can't be your time to go!

No cry of pain, no struggle, not even a quick goodbye,

Here one minute, gone the next, all I can do is cry.

But peace I feel and almost joy and happiness for you,

My mother came to get you; she had waited long enough too.

I am just so ever grateful you did not die alone at night,

God has his ways of making everything be right.

The tears of I have shed are many and I am sure I am not done,

Nevertheless, my heart is at peace because I know what is to come.

As the reunion is sweet with my mother and many other friends

So it will be with again when my own earthly journey ends.

I will look forward to being together again and seeing you and mom

But for the meanwhile, I will be strong and continue to move on.

I love you Dad and cherish all the moments that we shared

I always knew you loved me and genuinely cared!

Safe journey, Until we meet again!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This is very tender and sweet. Made me cry. We were SO lucky to have him as our father/grandfather! What an awesome man.