Monday, June 4, 2012

Do you believe that orbs are spirits? Well, got the orb thing going on in the above photo.  Mom loved these roses. Dad loved them more because Mom loved them.  I enjoyed mowing the lawn that day.  It gave me a chance to complete one last act of service to my childhood home.  Now it is owned by someone else. I take so many cherished memories that will always be mine and no one can take that away!
Thanks to my big sister that made sure the grave was decorated so nicely for Memorial Day.  I love the sweet spirit of comfort that I feel every time I visit their final resting place.  It is dedicated as a safe place and I believe it is protected.
Pretty flowers that for some reason made me smile and warmed my heart.
Dad.....I built you a penny rainbow! You can share it with Mom.
I love you!!

3 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

It was and is a privilege..and not a duty..to care for our parents..before and after they are gone. Our heritage is a gift and should be honored and protected for as long as we live. The gifts we have been given from our parents and grandparents came with much sacrifice and we need to remember everything they have done for us..every single day. Just because they are gone does not mean they do not have an interest in what goes on here. They are very much aware of what we are doing and what we are saying. I have felt their presence in these last months.

Natalie said...

Very pretty. This made me cry.

Anonymous said...

We always make sure to visit your parents grave when we are visiting dads. It looked really nice. What sweet daughters you guys are!