So the trip brought a lot of closure and healing for me. I sort of had a mini melt down at the Danvers cemetery. It was an odd feeling to think of what my dad's life could of been. One of farming and hard labor and disappointment and drinking and the list goes on. Instead, he was directed by a loving Heavenly Father to not be content with that life. To leave all that he had known and go West. His father didn't support that choice and didn't even tell him good luck. I discovered after talking to my Aunts and Uncle that they really weren't encouraged to follow a dream. I admire my father even more now for making that choice. But what really struck me the most was that he embraced the Gospel. He is eternally sealed to his wife and we are sealed to him. Because of the sacrifice of many (but especially my Big Sister!), even his family will have the opportunity to embrace that same Gospel. I left the cemetery feeling that his life had come full circle. He is where he wanted to be. I am happy that he is there, with my mom. My mom was a great lady that loved him inspite of so many reasons not to love him. He was a simple farm boy, uneducated and not even of her same faith, but she loved him and he in turn loved her. What an honor to be part of that great love!
Thanks Ruthie for being my traveling partner. Samantha was trying her best to make you crazy, but you stayed strong and over came her crazy directions! I love you more than you will ever know!
1 comment:
This is such a sweet post! I love it. So glad that you were able to have this experience
Post a Comment