So I took a step back in time tonight. I promised a certain young man that I would not miss his football game. I found myself in the bleachers at the high school watching Lehi vs. Provo. I won't mince words...I don't care for the Bulldogs. Shame on me. I have a dear friend who is a former Bulldog and she doesn't really care for the Pioneers. But more importantly, my dear sweet mother was also a Provo Bulldog. Anyway, it ended up being a rather amazing game. When I got there it was in the second quarter and Lehi had a nice lead. 00-10. Pretty cool. The score stayed that way until half time. It was fun watching Jeremy play. Josh, Cole and Jordan too. But then things got kind of crazy. Lehi got three pretty bad penalties all in a row. Rouging the kicker cost Lehi 15 precious yards. The Provo Bulldog's drive took an entire quarter, but they finally scored. Then they intercepted the ball in the end zone. The score was 10-13. It was the final quarter and only 2 minutes left. Lehi had the ball. With literally 10 seconds on the clock, Josh caught the ball and Lehi took the lead. They missed the field goal, but nobody cared. The final score was 16-13. It was amazing. It was fun to see the students from the bleachers all tackle the football players on the field. Then the football players did their traditional chant. The poor Bulldogs left the field in silence. Too bad there always has to be a loser.
Way to go Lehi!
I dedicate this blog to Jeremy and his BLACK leggins!
No comments:
Post a Comment