Sunday, August 29, 2010










Janice Kapp Perry, “A Missionary’s Prayer (I Will Go and Do),” New Era, Mar 1984, 44–45

1. Father, I hear thy call,I turn my thoughts to thee, forsaking all;
Recalling promises we all must keep.
I put my hand in thine and go to feed thy sheep.
Lead me to those who seek,and give me faith and strength to boldly speak.
In humble dignity I will proclaim,that men may come to know and love thy holy name.
If there be trials, Lord, to help me grow,If thou wilt guide me I will conquer, this I know!
I will go and do the things which the Lord commandeth,
for I know that He giveth no commands to His children,
except He prepare a way, except He prepare a way.

2. Father, I clearly see that ev’ry lasting joy has come from thee.
Help me to serve thee well and thus repay,Thy loving kindness I receive from day to day.
Knowing that thou art near, and I may seek thy help through daily prayer.
I’ll walk in confidence that I will see thy Spirit touch the lives of seeking men through me.
If there be trials, Lord, to help me grow,If thou wilt guide me I will conquer, this I know!
I will go and do the things which the Lord commandeth,
for I know that He giveth no commands to His children,
except He prepare a way, except He prepare a way.

I dedicate this blog and that song to my precious Cameron. I told him that he is my "trial" son to see if I can ever send my own boys on a mission. I am so proud of him!! He gave an amazing talk in church. I cried....of course. I love you Cam!!

No comments: