Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can I actually write TWO blogs in one day. Sure, why not. So while Steve and Melody were off getting married....I went to the dead body exhibit! Ha ha, that was random. I was so excited. The Body Worlds3 display was amazing. I mean simply fascinating. But the thing that hit me the most were these beautiful quotes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye" (Antoine de Saint Exupery 1900-1944)

"The heart is the place where one can meet God. He who follows his heart, follows God." (Ole Martin Hestad)

"The heart has its reasons of which reasons knows nothing." (Blaise Pascal)

"I have yet to see grief listed as the cause of death on a death certificate, but that's not because it doesn't happen. "

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. (Dali Llama)

"Your body is the harp of your soul and it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds." (Kahali Gibran 1883-1931)

We were not sent into this world to do anything into which we cannot put our hearts. (John Ruskin)

All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is exclusively my own. (John Wolfgange VanGoethe)

I cannot heave my heart into my mouth (King Leer-Shakespeare)

The display that had the biggest impact on me was the one intilted "Jusxtaposed" I can't describe it, but it was of a man and a women. The world literally means to compare side by side. Wish I could have been illegal and stole a picture, but I didn't.

The brain with it's cool logic and the heart with its volatility act alone as well as in concert - Juxtaposed - to make up our essential selves. But the heart alone, is viewed as the vessel of love and malice, compassion and cruelty, good and evil.

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking. (kahali Gibran)

The last area is dedicated to happiness. It deals with the simple fact that happiness is power. It is the power to overcome disease. Wow, that is true!

Anyway, it was amazing. I enjoyed the time with my best friend of life, my two beautiful daughters, my adorable niece and nurse Karen (the only one that appreciated how you guess the age of the dead guy by his testicles) and My precious baby BREE!!!!

2 comments:

Steve said...

This is incredible. I can't wait to see it. The one quote is one of my all time favorites: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly..."

Nice blog.

Melody said...

*See my comment on your other post . .. same explanation here. That last comment was actually me. Ha ha