Sunday, January 4, 2009

I find myself in a rather unique and unfamiliar spot right now. It is Sunday afternoon and I have absolutely nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, I could certainly find something to do, but instead I am going to make a choice to write mindlessly and add another blog. Wow. My mind is racing. My charts are all up to date. I have a clear idea of where I am going this week. My vehicle is organized and ready for whatever the week brings. The kids are all back in school tomorrow. They aren't excited for that but mom is ready. I like having them home but regaining some structure will be nice. We are all looking forward to going to the cabin over human rights weekend. I am anxious to play with my new camera. I am still trying to figure it out.!

I had a really bad dream the other morning. I dreamnt that I was at a funeral. Someone close to me had died. All day long I had a anxious knot in my stomach. I was driving down the road and all of the sudden I had an overwhelming and undeniable feeling that my mother was very close. Tears welled up in my eyes and I wished that for even the slightest moment I could hear her voice or feel her touch. I also had the overwhelming feeling that something was wrong with my dad. I thought to myself....is she going to get him?? I pulled over to the side of the road and immediately called him. He was in his room and reminded me that I had promised him that I would come up to the ice cream social that afternoon at three. Sweet! I would be there and he was feeling fine. Oh brother. My mind scares me sometimes. So I quickly saw the last three patients and headed up to see him. I still couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that I had been feeling all day. I found dad in the main lobby talking to Larry and Kaye Lunnen! What a nice surprise. I love them like my own parents. It was great visiting with them and the ice cream was tasty. I spent a little more time with them and then headed back to Utah county. He told me that his stomach was feeling a little queasy. He went to find the nurse to get some medication. I kissed him and left.....uneasy feeling still there! Later that night I got an urgent message from my sister. I planned for the worst. He had gone into the bathroom and vomited. That was all good but then he fell. He fell forward and hit his head. Said he kind a blacked out. They were able to just butterfly the cut on his nose and just monitored him closely. I talked at length with Ruthie. Neither one of us feel comfortable about letting him go home. He just isn't strong enough. He admits that he isn't mentally as sharp anymore. He forgets things.

I worry about him. But maybe mom was trying to tell me that his time here isn't long. I hope so. Not for me but for him. He misses her so much and is ready to go be with her.

Well...there you have it. My sunday ramblings. Time to go get some scholarship applications going for my precious Lynsie. Don't even go there. She is planning on attending Dixie. What will I do without her? I am not even going to go there.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Oh my. I"ve had the same kind of thing happen - more than once. It usually does mean something. God bless you and your good mom and dad - whether here or there.