
From the time I was a little girl Thanksgiving Day represented spending time with my family! It used to be a huge day that I can only NOW appreciate the great labor of love that was involved with the preparation of the food and activities. But this was the first year that my family did not follow that tradition. Dad went to dinner with Ruth Ann and Earl and his parents. Marilyn ate dinner with my family at the hospital. Elaine celebrated her Thanksgiving today and me....I took care of the sick and afflicted! I tried to sneak down long enough to eat my dinner and be with my little family, but the needs of others got in my way! It was a long and busy day! I worked six days out of eight and was ready to be done! The only thing that kept me going was knowing that I would be leaving for St. George after work. I work with amazing people and that helped too! I spent today doing some shopping and resting and just hanging out with the family. It is colder than I like down in the desert, but I don't feel it because I am warm inside! Thanks to all of my family for making so many sacrifices in days of yore and loving me!!
OH and one more thing.....GO COUGS!! HA HA
1 comment:
I LOVE AND MISS YOU!
I always think about the ol' days where I used to spend weekends and summers at your house. Some of my greatest memories! I love you and your 4 kids! And Bill! I hate being grown up I want to be a kid again playing at your house. :(
Post a Comment