Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Okay...Day 4. My best friend!
This was really hard for me because obviously it is my husband and my girlfriend Dawna. BUT, there are so many "friends" in my life. I value each and every one of them so much. Just recently when I had to make the very difficult decision to put poor Bruiser to sleep I could not have appreciated a friend more that I did Nanette. I couldn't call Bill or my kids and she was the first one that I knew immediately I could call. She basically just listened and understood. I can never thank her enough for that!! There are many times and many people that have helped me so much throughout the years. Of all of my friends I have been blessed to only lose a few. Two of those have been very painful ones for me and lost through "events of life." But, I still value the time that I had with them and the things that they taught me. Other friends have come and gone but I really appreciate and value those that I cherish now! I have friends in my neighborhood, friends at work, friends at church and even friends at school! I am lucky!! But I dedicate this blog to my amazing husband and my BFF.. Dawna.

What can I say? Birds of a feather. Dawna has been my friend since 1969. Wow. She has stuck by me through thick and thin. I was there when she lost her parents and she was there for me when I lost my mom. She has been there for me when I am happy and sad. She has been there for me when I got married, when I had my babies and to all the important things of their lives. She spoils them at Christmas and on birthdays. She makes me laugh when I am sad or scared. She is a bit crazy but if you ever need a trivia question answered, she is the one! I couldn't love her anymore than I do my own blood sisters. We are spit sister now and forever!! I love my Heiny!!

So upwards on onwards to my husband...I saved him for last...ya know, best for last.


Bill is a complex man!! He is a very gruff and intimidating guy on the outside. But the man is made of nothing but mush on the inside! He is just a giant Teddy Bear. There is nothing that I haven't asked of him that he hasn't done. He has seriously pissed me off more than once. I get grumpy because he chooses to not come to church with me and he hasn't been very supportive of school activities, but he is the most amazing teacher. He teaches in his own time and way. He has the patience of "Job" when teaching his children and even their friends to water ski or snow ski or tie a knot!! One of those former friends of mine implied that I was in an abusive relationship. Well, I am looking at my relationship right square in the eye and I see a man that for some strange reason loves me unconditionally. I will never forget when I ran over the rope with my waverunner and sucked the rope up deep into the bottom of the machine. I was devastated. He did not make me feel bad once. He towed it back to our campsite and carefully removed it. I was back on the water before I could stop crying. Then I just cried harder. More recently, he picked me up from the hospital on our anniversary with red roses. I was so sick, but he didn't forget our anniversary.

His first born that is a go getter and groomed by his example. I remember watching him for hours doing yard work with her on his back in the blue backpack. She was content just being packed around by her big bad daddy man!! Now she rides a motorcycle, just like him. Annalee too. Oh my!!

I love this picture! It is like he is blessing the bike before Annalee takes off...be safe my child!

He is always in the center of the activities, making sure that everyone is having a good time and being safe.

He is always the patient teacher. In the water and instructing.

Today and Yester...yore. Ha Ha

So to Bill....Thanks for being my best friend and the father of my beautiful children. Don't take too long to figure out that you are stuck with me for eternity!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a great post! Love it!